3 Days. 2 Festivals. 1 Low Price!
Huzzah and welcome! The longest running weekend Renaissance festival in Nebraska (established in 2003 in Ashland, and most recently held at the Bellevue Berry Farm in Papillion) will be at a new location this year and will combine with the original Midlands Pirate Festival. Bring your friends and family out for two festivals in one – an edutainment celebration of 16th Century Europe and 18th Century Caribbean buccaneers.
Nebraska Renaissance Faire & Medieval Pageant
and 9th Annual
Midlands Pirate Festival
June 17-19, 2016
Friday, 5pm-9pm “Friday Night”
Saturday, 11am-8pm “Cosplay Meets Anime Day”
Sunday, 11am-5:30pm “Steampunk vs. Scots-Celts”
River City Star Landing
151 Freedom Park Rd
Omaha, NE 68102
Adults: Friday $10, Sat/Sun $12. 2-day: $18. 3-day: $22
Kids (7-15): $5/day. Children Free! Free parking.
Thank you to OFFUTT Airbase in Bellevue for being our discount tickets advance sales location. They are available at the ITT office in Bldg. #362.
Featuring six stages of entertainment, two show boats, merchants bazaar, artisan goods, foods & libations, children’s realm, living history realms, 200 costumed characters, games of skill and nationally touring acts.
Media: Our latest press release is available (6/2016).
- Curzon Promotional Graphics
- Dingman’s Collision Center, with four great locations this state of the art auto body repair company promises, “We would rather be the best than apologize for anything less.”
- Mangelsen’s Arts & Crafts Store, open from 9am to 9pm at 3457 S. 84th Street in Omaha. 402-391-6225. “Family run and selling fun since 1961!”
- JACKAT Holdings LLC – media sponsor.
- Quality Inn Central
2808 S 72nd St. Omaha NE 68124. 402-397-7137
- Bellevue Comfort Inn
2105 Pratt Ave. Bellevue, NE 68123. 402-840-8018
- Candlewood Suites at Airport
2601 Abbott Plaza. Omaha, NE 68110. 402-342-2500
- Best Western Plus, Omaha Airport Inn
2510 Abbot Plaza. Carter Lake, IA 51510. 402-505-4900
- Days Inn & Suites
11515 Miracle Hills Dr. Omaha, NE 68154. 402-496-7500
Find thy Way:
This Google map shows the location of the faire (blue pin). our lodging sponsors (red beds), and event sponsors.
- 2003 – The Nebraska Renaissance Faire debuts at the C.J. Holling Camp in Ashland. It was started in response to the long-running Renaissance Faire of the Midlands in Council Bluffs closing down, leaving the area without an annual weekend Renaissance event.
- 2005 – The faire relocates to the grounds of Scary Acres in Omaha. This site already had a castle facade for one of its haunted houses, so it made a nice backdrop for a Renaissance event. It also had great parking.
- 2008 – The faire moves down the road to Papillion and opens in the western themed town at the Bellevue Berry Farm & Pumpkin Ranch. The same year, the new Midlands Pirate Festival began in the same location.
- 2015 – The Midlands Pirate Festival relocates to a “seaside” location at the River City Star Landing in Omaha.
- 2016 – The Renaissance faire relocates to the River City Star Landing in Omaha, and combines with the Midlands Pirate Festival to create one large weekend event. The event was rescheduled to June 17-19 after the original May weekend was rained out.
- Jan 20, 2016 – The Omaha World Herald has an article that discusses the new location for the Renaissance festival.
- Jan 21 – Welcome new event sponsor: Curzon Promotional Graphics will be printing our vinyl street banners and directional corner signs for us. These colorful PR/advertising elements will be seen in Omaha, Lincoln and Council Bluffs. Please patronize this great Midlands business. www.curzongraphics.com 800-769-SIGN.
- Jan 29 – A press release has been sent out to local media to follow up on items covered recently by the Omaha World Herald article.
- Feb 12 – The Entertainment page has been updated with more acts.
- March 4 – More Entertainment and Activities.
- March 16 – Sponsors and Entertainment updated.
- April 11 – More Entertainment added. New Press Release.
- April 18 – More Merchants will be joining us.
- April 22 – Even more updates to Entertainment and Merchants. Map updated.
- April 25 – Due to storms this weekend, the events have been rescheduled for June 17-19 (the weekend formerly used by the long-running Renaissance Faire of the Midlands).
- April 26 – A news release about the date change has been added. The Omaha World Herald has a short article about the date change.
- April 28 – Welcome, Days Inn & Suites – our first new lodging sponsor after the date change.