Thank you for supporting us in 2016! Join us for an all-new adventure in 2017.
Huzzah and welcome! The longest running weekend Renaissance festival in Nebraska (established in 2003 in Ashland, and formerly held at the Bellevue Berry Farm and River City Star Landing) will be at a new location this year and will once again combine with the original Midlands Pirate Festival. Bring your friends and family out for two festivals in one – an edutainment celebration of 16th Century Europe and 18th Century Caribbean buccaneers.
Nebraska Renaissance Faire & Medieval Pageant
and 10th Annual
Midlands Pirate Festival
April 29-30, 2017
NW Omaha, NE 68022
Kids (7-15): $TBA
Children Free! Free parking.
Featuring multiple stages of entertainment, merchant bazaar, artisan goods, food & libations, children’s realm, living history realms, 200 costumed characters, games of skill and nationally touring acts.
- Days Inn & Suites
11515 Miracle Hills Dr.
Omaha, NE 68154
- Hilton Gargen Inn, Omaha West
17879 Chicago St
Omaha, NE 68118
- Hotels – Contact us if you would like to be listed here.
- TBA – Contact us if you would like to be listed here.
Find thy Way:
This Google map shows the location of the faire (blue pin), our lodging sponsors (red beds), and event sponsors.
- 2003 – The Nebraska Renaissance Faire debuts at the C.J. Holling Camp in Ashland. It was started in response to the long-running Renaissance Faire of the Midlands in Council Bluffs closing down, leaving the area without an annual weekend Renaissance event.
- 2005 – The faire relocates to the grounds of Scary Acres in Omaha. This site already had a castle facade for one of its haunted houses, so it made a nice backdrop for a Renaissance event. It also had great parking.
- 2008 – The faire moves down the road to Papillion and opens in the western themed town at the Bellevue Berry Farm & Pumpkin Ranch. The same year, the new Midlands Pirate Festival began in the same location.
- 2015 – The Midlands Pirate Festival relocates to a “seaside” location at the River City Star Landing in Omaha.
- 2016 – The Renaissance faire relocates to the River City Star Landing in Omaha, and combines with the Midlands Pirate Festival to create one large weekend event. The event was rescheduled to June 17-19 after the original May weekend was rained out.
- 2017 – Both events combine and move to a new location at Riverwest Park in NW Omaha.
- Nov 28, 2016 – 2017 dates and location announced.