18th Annual Nebraska Renaissance Faire & Medieval Pageant
and 13th Annual Midlands Pirate Festival
April 24-25, 2021
Riverwest Park in NW Omaha, Nebraska 68022
-N e w s R e l e a s e-
“Celebrating Nebraska’s Renaissance”
The 18th NEBRASKA RENAISSANCE FAIRE and the 13th MIDLANDS PIRATE FESTIVAL will be combined this year to create a unique event at itsre-developed venue. *Riverwest Park will begin its 2021 season with this presentation of history, edutainment and family fun on April 24th-25th (10am-6pm).
This two-festivals-in-one affaire can now brag being the largest ‘Renaissance’ event in the region with its expanded grounds and landscaping enhancements. It will also serve as the ‘unofficial’ Omaha celebration for the coming “end of the Plague of 2020” (COVID19).
Jousting knights on horseback will meet pirates and vikings with lots of other themed entertainment in between. It takes four stages of rotating performers and shows to fit everything on the schedule. Plus, there will be various other hands-on activities, games of skill, living history displays and treasure hunt surprises.
Artisan merchants from all over the region will be selling their unique goods in the village marketplace. This will include a wide variety of hand-made valuables from jewelry to historical weapons.
The feasting court will feature Amos Foods with their renowned roasted turkey legs, along with other vendors of specialty viddles and a beer garden.
There will be dedicated entertainment and activities for children, as well.
*Riverwest Park has been completely rebuilt in larger capacity, since the devastating flood of 2019. The popular recreation site is known for its Summer camping, river floats, festivals and Camp Fear in the Fall. (That Halloween related attraction has been voted as the area’s “most unique and scariest haunted experience.”)
Admission for the big Nebraska Renaissance Faire/Midlands Pirate Festival weekend is $13 for adults, $7 for kids from 7 to 13 years, with tots free. Two-day passes are $21 and $11, respectively. Parking is free.
The location is found at Maple Road & 233rd Street by Elkhorn. For detailed directions go to www.riverwestpark.com.
**Midwest Festivals’ sister event, the Midlands Renaissance Revel at Ditmers Orchard & Vineyard near Council Bluffs, will be presented twice this year on May 22-23rd and August 28-29th. [midlandsrenrevel.com]
- 2003 – The Nebraska Renaissance Faire debuts at the C.J. Holling Camp in Ashland. It was started in response to the long-running Renaissance Faire of the Midlands in Council Bluffs closing down, leaving the area without an annual weekend Renaissance event.
- 2005 – The faire relocates to the grounds of Scary Acres in Omaha. This site already had a castle facade for one of its haunted houses, so it made a nice backdrop for a Renaissance event. It also had great parking.
- 2008 – The faire moves down the road to Papillion and opens in the western themed town at the Bellevue Berry Farm & Pumpkin Ranch. The same year, the new Midlands Pirate Festival began in the same location.
- 2015 – The Midlands Pirate Festival relocates to a “seaside” location at the River City Star Landing in Omaha.
- 2016 – The Renaissance faire relocates to the River City Star Landing in Omaha, and combines with the Midlands Pirate Festival to create one large weekend event. The event was rescheduled to June 17-19 after the original May weekend was rained out.
- 2017 – New location for the combo-event at RiverWest Park in NW Omaha.
- 2019 – Severe flooding hits RiverWest Park, and rebuilding begins. The festival opens as scheduled.
- Des Moines Renaissance Faire (new location; no longer at Sleepy Hollow Sports Park) – Des Moines, IA
- Iowa-Minnesota Pirate Festival – Clear Lake, IA
- Iowa Renaissance Festival – Amana Colonies, IA
- Midlands Renaissance Revel & Pirate Fest – Council Bluffs, IA
- Nebraska Renaissance Faire – Omaha, NE
- Quad Cities Renaissance Faire – Davenport, IL
Site contents Copyright (C) 2003-2021 by Festivals International.
Co-produced by Mike Amos/Midwest Festivals and Gregory Schmidt/Festivals International. firstname.lastname@example.org