20th Annual Nebraska Renaissance Faire & Medieval Pageant
and 15th Annual Midlands Pirate Festival
August 26-27, 2023 • 10 am – 6 pm
Elkhorn Shores (same spot, new name) in NW Omaha, Nebraska 68022
WEBSITE UPDATES COMING SOON!
- 2003 – The Nebraska Renaissance Faire debuts at the C.J. Holling Camp in Ashland. It was started in response to the long-running Renaissance Faire of the Midlands in Council Bluffs closing down, leaving the area without an annual weekend Renaissance event.
- 2005 – The faire relocates to the grounds of Scary Acres in Omaha. This site already had a castle facade for one of its haunted houses, so it made a nice backdrop for a Renaissance event. It also had great parking.
- 2008 – The faire moves down the road to Papillion and opens in the western themed town at the Bellevue Berry Farm & Pumpkin Ranch. The same year, the new Midlands Pirate Festival began in the same location.
- 2015 – The Midlands Pirate Festival relocates to a “seaside” location at the River City Star Landing in Omaha.
- 2016 – The Renaissance faire relocates to the River City Star Landing in Omaha, and combines with the Midlands Pirate Festival to create one large weekend event. The event was rescheduled to June 17-19 after the original May weekend was rained out.
- 2017 – New location for the combo-event at RiverWest Park in NW Omaha.
- 2019 – Severe flooding hits RiverWest Park, and rebuilding begins. The festival opens as scheduled.
- Iowa-Minnesota Pirate Festival – Clear Lake, IA
- Iowa Renaissance Festival – Amana Colonies, IA
- Midlands Renaissance Revel & Pirate Fest – Council Bluffs, IA
- Nebraska Renaissance Faire – Omaha, NE
- Quad Cities Renaissance Faire – Davenport, IL
Site contents Copyright (C) 2003-2022 by Festivals International.
Co-produced by Mike Amos/Midwest Festivals and Gregory Schmidt/Festivals International.